Energy: Nuclear Power Plant Training & Documentation
ACAD Basic Curriculum (ABC)
GP Strategies is proud to offer the industry’s leading training product to help you meet
the training and qualification requirements of your nuclear power plant personnel.
Our ACAD Basic Curriculum (ABC) training materials are owned by
over 65% of the commercial nuclear sites in the US. GP Strategies’ ABC is designed
to meet the fundamental training requirements of the Institute of Nuclear
Power Operations (INPO), as addressed in:
- ACAD 90-003 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Shift Technical Advisors
- ACAD 90-016 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Non-licensed Operators
- ACAD 92-008 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Maintenance Personnel
- ACAD 93-008 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Radiological Protection
- ACAD 97-012 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Chemistry Technicians
- ACAD 98-004 Guidelines for Training and Qualification of Engineering Personnel
- ACAD 00-003 Guidelines for Initial Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators
Provide fundamental skills training to your new hires.
GP Strategies’ ACAD Basic Curriculum program is designed for the new and beginning student. The
material is written to a 9th grade reading level, so it’s accessible to a
diverse range of students. There are example problems in the student text and practice
exercises at the end of each chapter to ensure comprehension and effectiveness.
These materials address fundamental topics identified in the INPO ACAD Guidelines.
For your licensed operators, GP Strategies’ ABC training materials address additional fundamental
topics required by ACAD 00-003 that are not included in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s
requirements in NUREG-1122 and 1123. In
addition to training new hires, these materials can be used as a refresher to prepare
licensed operator candidates who have been away from any fundamentals training before
entering into our Generic Fundamentals (GF) program.
For more details on the topics covered by ABC, review the Module and Chapter Titles
Contact us today to learn more about GP Strategies’ ACAD Basic Curriculum: